September 29, 2010

One steaming cuppa!


Millions of people around the world love nothing more than to start their day with a steaming cup of coffee. The smell, the taste, the caffeine lift and the shared experience of coffee have become a staple of our modern life and culture.
One steaming cuppa is all you need, particularly in South India to kick start your day. It also helps clear the mind and perk up the energy. Of course, too much coffee can make people jittery and even raise cholesterol levels, so food experts stress moderation.
 “When I wake up in the morning, nothing can get me going like a degree coffee can. I love my coffee strong, milky and with just a little less sugar, which gives me an instant lift to get me going for the day. It’s a must for me, if I have to function properly,” says coffee lover Naveen.

Conversation also goes well with coffee. Don’t believe me? Well, nothing would better explain the sprouting of a million coffee pubs all over the city, with a majority of them serving as a place for people to meet and interact. No one can debate that the drink of our parents and grandparents has been dubbed “chic” and “hip” by our children and grandchildren.

Says Aditi Saraf, “I’m not sure exactly how old I was. What I do remember is the aroma. I  t h o u g h t that by drinking the stuff; I would be all grown up. I was a kid. What did I know? Dad would be enjoying his cup and mom hers. I had to try it. They got me a cup, filled it with more sugar and milk than coffee. I was hooked, and have been ever since.”
The eternal love affair with coffee continues, and when the Ink Spots sang “I love the java jive and it loves me” in 1940, they could not have known how right they were.

No comments:

Post a Comment